martes, 13 de marzo de 2012

Eleanor of Aragon and Sicily. Queen Eleanor of Castile.


Leonor of Aragon and Sicily (1358 - 1382) Princess of Aragon, being the daughter of King Pedro IV of Aragon and Eleanor of Sicily.

In 1362 he was betrothed to Alphonsus of Castile, son and heir of the Castilian kingPeter I the Cruel, but that death was the conclusion of a new marriage with the future John I of Castile, son of the brother of Pedro I, Enrique II of Castile, who disputed theCastilian throne and with whom he was fighting a civil war.

After the victory of Peter I on his brother in the battle of Najera, fought in 1367Peter I of Castile declared null the marriage, so marriage was not held until June 18, 1375, whenPeter had died .

Queen Eleanor of Aragon died in the castle of Cuellar during delivery, on August 13, 1382 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario