The toast is a typical sweet celebrations of Lent and Easter in Spain. Is documented in the fifteenth century as a dish suitable for the recovery of parturients. Between the nineteenth and twentieth century used to serve in the Spanish taverns with a glass of sweet wine.
- 750 gr of sliced bread.
- 1 liter of milk.
- 100 grams of sugar.
- 2 cinnamon sticks.
- Olive Oil.
- 1 beaten egg.
- Icing sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat the milk with cinnamon sticks and sugar. Once the milk is hot put let cool.
- We dip the bread slices in milk, drain and dip in the beaten egg.
- We put them to fry in a pan with plenty of olive oil.
- Once fried, put them on paper towels to remove excess oil and oil and sprinkle sugar on top.